Remember me
Lost Password Register

Perham, Vergas, Dent area (update to earlier post)
09-05-2003, 08:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2003, 08:41 PM by freedivernd.)
Perham, Vergas, Dent area (update to earlier post)
My brother and I are going to be doing some freediving this weekend...we'll both be trying for some personal bests I think. Just not sure about time (flexible-both saturday and sunday) or place (most likely Lake 6 because it's probably the clearest down deep.. may check on Little McDonald too) but anyone that wants to give it a go is welcome to join us (even bubble blowers Wink ). If you're interested in giving freediving a try, we'll have a boat, drop line, and extra equipment, and patience too Smile. give a call. 701-430-1590 or 218-758-2776.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-08-2003, 02:12 PM,
Re:Perham, Vergas, Dent area (update to earlier post)
Tim from the board here, my brother Mandley, and my daughter Sarah, joined in on some freediving on Saturday.. everyone did great! Sarah didn't go past -17' because of a tooth extraction the day before (she's been to -40') My brother bumped his best to -69', Tim (first time ever trying this stuff) was down to -59' or -60' (I'll see what the computer registers when I download profiles)..and was super comfortable at -27' on his first try (we hit the bottom). I pushed my pb another 4' or 5' to either -83 or -84'. Those are all pretty good depths considering we were getting into some fairly dark and awful cold water at those depths. We spent a lot of time in less than 15' cruisin' with all the fish. It was a good day to give the fdiving a try... should'a been there!! The weather was great, water was calm and fortunately.. we didn't sink the boat. Wink Maybe I'll post a profile or two later.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?