MNScuba.com

Full Version: Crosby April 26,27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Have no idea how protective beavers get, but can't imagine they just don't hide inside their dam when threatened. Would like to see one. I hear they only bite the slowest buddy.
Depth finder! Cool. Anybody have a GPS? I have a tandem kayak - time for some bottom profile mapping. Lonnie's map of Louise was a good one, but I couldn't figure out where the old road was, and the profile didn't make sense to me from where I thought the snowmobile/mine tunnel were.
Night dive!!! Was planning to leave Sat eve, but will stay over and leave Sun am early if there is a Sat night dive. Would need someone to return my tanks to MSD on Sun after they open, though.
I'll bring a two burner propane stove and a barbcue grill that runs off of newspaper (I bought it off an infomercial about 7 years ago and it works pretty good).

I'll be sure to pick-up some torches and I wil have my little green spot light too Smile
I think many of you are getting Louise confused with Mangan. The snowmobile was moved a bit at the end of last year. There is also a snowmobile at Portsmouth.
Snowmobile in Louise -
Follow the road profile left from the entry down to about 50ft.
The snowmobile is about 10-15 ft from the edge of the road.
Go over the edge at that point, down the wall to about 90ft.
Go about 20 ft right (facing the wall) and you'll see the mine shaft into the wall.
That's best of my memory.
Dan , your memory is very good!!! That sounds just right.

Jean Smile
>Sad We beavers are an ornery bunch and we plan to protect our homes against any sub-aqarian assaults that you have planned. I have notified several other woodland creature associations and they have planned a protest organized to commence late Friday evening and will continue to hold vigil until all of the infidels (divers) have been driven out of the Cuyuna Range. The Opposum Symposium has scheduled a meeting for Saturday afternoon (right after their nap) and the Coalition on the protection of porcupines will be held as soon as enough comfortable chairs can be rounded up. Bear in mind that Wally (see bear photo on left and ignore the pun) will be handling the dam security for the entire weekend. He is an angry sort, just the kind of guy you need in a dam crisis. So listen hear diver hoard- we are ready for you, be prepared. And FYI - DO NOT ring the bell at the Ironton VFW bar.

Jason

Does anyone know who is going, are there people staying through sunday and where are people camping? I plan on meeting up with the group saturday mid-afternoon sometime and camp saturday night. Thats if others are camping saturday night and doing some diving on sunday. Where is everyone going to be and what do some of the vehicals look like so i can reconize the group? If someone has some time please fill me in. Thanks Jason. Smile
Hey Jason read some of the earlier posts in the thread and you should have a better idea of what the schedule looks like. It looks like we will be camping at Louise as long as space is available. We are camping on Sat night (and planning a night dive). You can look for my red jeep cherokee. Or try my cell at 612-695-7775.
Jason,

I plan on getting to Crosby Saturday morning and meeting the group at McDonalds at 9:30 AM on Saturday. I plan on camping Saturday night. I'm planning on making one or two dives Sunday before heading back to the Cities.

I assume people are camping around Louise somewhere. Has a camping location been confirmed yet?

I have a brown Mazda Tribute with a dive flag on the back.
Larry, I think any location around Louise will be good for camping. There is quite a bit of room in that area for vehicles and tents etc. If that is full when we arrive I'm thinking Mahnomen would be a decent second option...the area between Mahnomen 1 and Mahnomen 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9