Remember me
Lost Password Register

OK , who's out watching for iceout !!!
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM,
Re: OK , who's out watching for iceout !!!
Didn't find much.  Alot of bic lighters and plastic highball glasses.(Ted Kennedy must have a boat there Wink)  It's usually a great place to find stuff because of all the drunkards at maynards that forget to secure stuff on the decks of their boats before they throttle up.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-04-2005, 05:48 PM,
Went out to Square & Perch yesterday.  (Needed an excuse to get the motorcycle out!)  From the fishing pier at Square, it looked like there was still 4-6 inches of ice.  There was just a couple of feet of openwater near the shore.

At Perch, it was still 99.9% iced over, with just a small opening at the boat launch.
Jeff
04-05-2005, 08:49 AM,
Long Lake off old county road 8 in New Brighton is open. So is the small lake next to it.
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
04-05-2005, 02:15 PM,

Er Jeff , a really good dive-buddy would have TAKEN that motorcycle out on the ice and drove around a little bit to help soften it up !!!   ;D
And Dan , you can always take the truck out there and speed up the process too !!! 

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-05-2005, 04:56 PM,
My little lake is clear today. Anybody who wants to dive it could, but you need super shallow certification.(new special course) I think I might move to a lake thats deeper than 8 feet!
04-05-2005, 06:07 PM,
Lake Phalan is Ice Free as of today.
Jeff
04-07-2005, 09:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2005, 09:30 AM by gerlinan.)
Medicine Lake in Plymouth is ICE FREE!
Minnetonka shouldn't be too far behind
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM,
Went out to Square tonight, it's about 50% clear of ice, will be gone in a a day or so.

Perch is clear!

So who wants to go diving this Sunday?

Dan
04-09-2005, 04:13 PM,
square is  now open.  ~41 deg.  vis is better than normal but it is still square lake.
04-12-2005, 02:38 PM,

Sweet!  Thanks, Drew!
It's awesome to know that Medicine Lake (Minnesota's premiere dive site) is now open.  You're the best!

Let me know when that swamp in Richfield off of 62 opens up, stud.  That's where I go when Medicine is too busy.

D