Remember me
Lost Password Register

CROSBY BY DATE>
11-21-2006, 10:51 AM,
Re: CROSBY BY DATE>
I'll keep this in mind... not sure if I'm staying for the weekend up north, or if I'm maybe coming back south to try one more weekend of deer hunting somewhere in the extended season metro areas!  I'm hoping to sneak out for a Thanksgiving day dive on our lake anyway, so I'll have the gear along!  (if the ice cooperates and doesn't cover our shoreline!  it was trying to skim over last weekend, but I'm hoping it's been warm enough this week to hold it off.)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
11-25-2006, 08:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2006, 08:36 PM by MAXFACTOR.)
Just back back from CROSBY.   Saturday.   11-25-06.   
GOT UP THERE LAST NIGHT...   water was perfectly calm and steaming away.  ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and of course the expected million stars.  STOPPED IN AT SPALDINGS FOR A LOCAL CHAT..   LOVE THOSE PEOPLE.  THEY TREAT ME LIKE A ROCK STAR.

Arc Flash,  Dave F. and I had two excellent dives.  BOTH OF YOU GUYS ROCK... great dives and perfect bouyancy.  THANKS FOR THE FUN DIVES.

Water temp 38.  PERFECT VISIBILITY.. about 25 feet.   
SHE IS GETTING CLOSE TO FREEZING OVER THOUGH.

GOT COLD ON THE LAST PART OF THE LAST DIVE. 
I WILL NOT BE DIVING ON SUNDAY, due to some domestic agenda changes.

Several divers from   the Brainerd shop and some salvage divers were also up there.

PERFECT  topside weather.   Some hunters.....  two sheriff's pass through and 1 DNR drive by.

Lonnie,  I will post the GPS cordinates for Louise and Joan for you when I go out to my computer tomorrow am.

I MAY TRY ONE MORE DIVE BEFORE SHE ICE's over.  ANY TAKERS?   It will have to be during the week, as the weather is about to change, and some of the more shallow lakes had ice cover.   LOUISE WAS TOTALLY OPEN. 

THE BEAVERS HAVE REALLY BEEN DOING A NUMBER ON MANY OF THE TREE's at LOUISE and JOAN.

MAXFACTOR
11-25-2006, 11:43 PM,
did a short dive on Thanksgiving -- it was 'almost' an ice dive, or was it 'almost' not? -- had to break through about an 1/8" skim of ice to dive.  it was only frozen out about half way across our bay.  it was only about a 10 minute dive, as I decided to call it off soon after i got started  since the viz was total crap!  not sure what the water temp was, since both my comps didn't record it as a dive -- I started in shallow water and never went deep enough for long enough for them to start logging.  (it was too fun popping up through the ice to wave at my shore party!  I'll try to post a pic in the next few days that was kind of cool though -- I took a shot that shows bubbles trapped under the ice from my breathing.

glad you guys had a good dive day!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
11-27-2006, 10:32 PM,
CROSBY  TUESDAY....  NOVEMER 28th.  Any divers interested in making a dive during the day.  Say around 11 30 a.m.

Could be one of the last few days to dive open water there.  Several of the area shallow lakes were iced over on Sat.

LET ME KNOW ASAP.  private message me.

Don't ya just love this diving time.  Within a 7 day period of time, by this coming Sat.  I will have dived in CROSBY 38degrees  and the KEY Largo  78 degrees.  The funny thing is, by the 4th dive in the key's I'll be cold. 

Then within 3 weeks or so,  we'll be ice diving.  LOVE THIS 12 month season we have here.   
HOBBIT TRAVEL  149 round trip to FLORIDA....  lets dive...

maxfactor
11-28-2006, 04:06 PM,
The GPS from the weekend gives N46 29' 47.7 W93 59'20.1 for the main road close to Joan.

N46 29'26.7
W93 59'48.3 for the entry of Joan (?east) of the truck.

lat/log's are DD MM' SS.S if you want it in MM.MMM I can convert. I'll see about sending you a map.

PS: Google map matches the images on G.E's free version.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-28-2006, 05:53 PM,
Arc FLASHer..  STEVE... great diving with you.  Thanks for the coordinate on the GPS  confirmation with my lap top.

Got you message,  I will be planning a get together for all divers all shops in Mid December.  BE SURE TO COME.

Maxfactor.