Remember me
Lost Password Register

CROSBY BY DATE>
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM,
Re: CROSBY BY DATE>
Hmm, some of you guys went to Crosby, some to Wazee.  I was packed and ready to go somewhere to dive....unpacked and went to see "Deep Sea 3-D" at the IMAX theatre in Apple Valley!  Definately a MUST SEE! 
But now I'm wishing I had gone diving somewhere!!!  Mama's gotta get wet!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-01-2006, 02:45 AM,
You folks need to get a life.!!! ooops sorry your both divers. I would have joined you at Crosby, but my camper didnt show up.
CSD where were you. i went to Louise and NOBODY was there,
CJ
05-01-2006, 05:07 AM,
Sorry guys. I was leaving at 6 am in the morning as planned on Saturday. Had the little chatterbox redhead with me to. Camper was stocked with food, batteries are charges, and all tanks are full. When some damn branch, I knew I needed to chop that one, reached out and ripped the reefer vent off the top the camper.

OK I think, that's not too bad. I'll pick up a new one and install it and just get there a little late. Well I was able to buy a new reefer vent. But you can't install those unless you can dry off and clean up the area to recaulk the thing in. Kept waiting all day for the rain to at least slow down enough to do it. I had everything in place, getting soaked in the process to. I just needed the rain to stop long enough to dry things off and caulk it in. Even by late afternoon I hadn't given up hope yet.
Unfortunately with the weather, the chance didn't come until Sunday afternoon.
Hope the weather was touch better up there. I got wet this weekend, it just wasn't the way I had intended. Sorry to miss it guys. As soon as the rain really stops, my chainsaw and I have a date with that tree.

Cary
05-01-2006, 08:05 AM,
  I was only a tentative diver.  I was hoping to be able to make it but with the weather, I decided not to.  I had my boys this weekend, normally, I would've been there for the dive, but they wouldn't of had anything to do except sit in the camper during the rain.  So, on weekends, when I have my boys, I can be considered a Fairweather diver.  But every other weekend I will stick to my motto of dive anywhere anytime >Big Grin
06-10-2006, 04:12 PM,
Maxfactor called me to post that he is diving Crosby Saturday evening and Sunday Morning!  Call him to find out which pit or find him camping at Portsmouth!  (763) 232-6960.  Have a great dive day!
06-14-2006, 07:32 PM,
Re: CROSBY BY DATE>6-18-06
Anybody going to be up at Crosby on Sunday?  Would like to meat up with some one.  I will drive up sun morning and drive back sun eve.  Also looking to spend june 30-july4 up there
Tim
11-20-2006, 07:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2006, 07:40 PM by MAXFACTOR.)
Hi Folks,
CROSBY area  LOUISE MINE PIT..
SAT AND SUNDAY   November 25th and 26th...
water temp should be around 39 to 41 degrees.
be sure you have all necessary experience, training and equipment. 

SAT       9 30 a.m.      11:30 a.m.       possible night dive on SAT.
SUN.   breakfast in town at 8:00 
          dive at  11:00 a.m.

Just wanted to let you know several of us will be diving up at CROSBY this weekend.  Plan on camping out again over Sat. night at LOUISE.  It is supposed to be nice out.  HOWEVER,  if it gets real cold, I do have a room reserved at the local hotel. We can all bunk in it.  NO COST at the local hotel my teet.

PLAN
2 dives on LOUISE   at least 1 on JOAN on the TRUCK
ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED.... let me know.

MAXFACTOR
11-20-2006, 08:16 PM,
Spell check wouldn't have caught it, but I'm sure you meant "your Treat!"

Sure wish I could go but I've got family commitments out of town the other direction (where they had 6 inches of snow two weeks ago!)

Have some great dives folks!
DQ
11-20-2006, 08:47 PM,
I would love to go except for the gall bladder removal, 3 hernias repaired and my bowel cut loose from something else it was stuck to surgery.  Been anxious to get back in the water but things happen. :-\
  Have a great time up there!!!!

Greg Smile
We don`t quit playing because we grow old,,,,We grow old because we quit playing!!
11-20-2006, 10:25 PM,

thanks for the offer Joe. Out' ta town this weekend, and Besides.... me no have a dry suit, anyway.

Safe diving to all you turkeys that do go ~

Cheers.

Michelle