Remember me
Lost Password Register

Quarry park in St Cloud - 11/11/06
11-12-2006, 12:37 AM,
Re: Quarry park in St Cloud - 11/11/06
I had a good time there, too, despite the fact that I didn't have a drysuit.  (That's on my list for next season!)  The quarries weren't big and there wasn't a huge amount of room to explore, but the visibility was great.  It beats Square Lake as far as visibility and the interest in things to see (unless the platforms really count).

I've posted some of my pictures at .  I had to do some sci-fi manipulation on a couple of the underwater photos to get them to look recognizable, and I think my camera housing was starting to get fogged up with the second dive.  I'll upload them to the gallery once I get things in nice order.  At the moment, it was easier for me to just slap them into my "www2" server and run a script to create an album.
11-12-2006, 03:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2006, 03:35 AM by jleech.)
Re: Quarry park in St Cloud - 11/11/06

According to the scuba diving guidelines that were published,  quarry 18 can be reserved by ANY group of 5 or more, not just instructors with students.  When not reserved, anyone can dive it.

Yes, doubles are overkill  ;D

The bottom on quarry 13 is at 37 feet, so you only missed 2 ft if you got to 35.

I don't think quarry 2 is open for scuba.  only quarries 1, 11, 13, and 18 are open according to the published scuba guidelines.  if quarry 2 is open, there will be a sign specifying scuba diving can be done there.

I'd be intererested in a report on the visibility in quarry 1.  From the surface a month ago when I was there, it looked pretty poor.

Jeff
Jeff