MNScuba.com

Full Version: ICSD New Shipwreck Challenge...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I thought I should update the scoreboard ;D
Here are the confirmed running totals as of today:
Detectorguy (John)--------------------5 boats, 1 fish house, 1951 Oldsmobile, & 1967 Camaro
Shooter (Nate)-------------------------3 boats
lahrcm (Curtis)-------------------------1 boat and 1 dump truck
doug67 (Doug)-------------------------1 boat and 1 slightly used van (Van was removed but debris field remains)
AandA (Art)-----------------------------1 boat
Max (Nates son)------------------------1 pontoon boat
Hydro (Joe)-----------------------------1 boat
Popolarbear (Stephan)-----------------1 boat
Trinity (Terry)--------------------------1 boat

entered a photo contest at the above location. Rules were to take a picture of the words explore scuba underwater. Visability was too rough for still photo. My camera crapped out part way through, Thanks John for splicing the pieces together. Thought it woul be cool to place it on the "wreck" we discovered last week. Winner gets a free 2 tank dive in the bahamas  8). I'm sure they will think we are crazy  :-\
[quote author= One was really old and not much left and the other was really, really old and was in worse shape than the first. We figured that both of these boats are over 100 years old.[/quote]

I found a couple huge, boards, I mean wrecks, recently that are real old, at least 200 years old, maybe more, you could still see the curvature in the boards from the hull, I'm sure this wasn't warping of some old lost dock boards, but was the true curvature of a hull. Be aware,,, some divers on this challenge are reporting old wrecks, but are really just reporting the old wrecks they themselves are. I want everyone to realize that, first and foremost. I dont yet want to divulge the GPS on these wrecks because I'm sure one of these wrecks is THE LARGEST inland wreck yet to be discovered in MN waters. I want to be able to rape and pilage these wrecks in peace without all you other divers trying to, ohhh and ahhh, over MY, wrecks. Once all the prized booty has been recovered I will let all you lesser divers in on the locations, to go take a look at what I left behind.           TRINITY

I should say that when I mention "scoreboard", this whole shipwreck challenge is not meant to be nearly as intense competition as that semi-popular (depending on who you talk to) first annual anchor challenge.

Come now John, at over 35,000 reads and 900 responses,,,,,,semi - popular?? I thought it was doing pretty well here.      TRINITY

I found a couple huge, boards, I mean wrecks, recently that are real old, at least 200 years old, maybe more, you could still see the curvature in the boards from the hull, I'm sure this wasn't warping of some old lost dock boards, but was the true curvature of a hull. Be aware,,, some divers on this challenge are reporting old wrecks, but are really just reporting the old wrecks they themselves are. I want everyone to realize that, first and foremost. I dont yet want to divulge the GPS on these wrecks because I'm sure one of these wrecks is THE LARGEST inland wreck yet to be discovered in MN waters. I want to be able to rape and pilage these wrecks in peace without all you other divers trying to, ohhh and ahhh, over MY, wrecks. Once all the prized booty has been recovered I will let all you lesser divers in on the locations, to go take a look at what I left behind.           TRINITY
[/quote]

:Smile  :Smile  :Smile
Shooter, you do make me smile! Smile

As far as the other semi-popular challenge... the "TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge, I thought that was VERY popular... but then again I may be one of the few that really liked the way that one turned out >Big Grin Wink. There were a lot of people reading it, but not a lot of people willing to jump into the actual contest. The diving was fun but the constant jabs and ribbing was way more fun than the diving! If there were less messing with each other... Do you think it would have over 35,000 reads, or do you think the people were that interested in seeing the difference from one rusty anchor to another? If you ask me, there were only five types of anchors: Navy, River, Mushroom, hybrid (like the Water Spike, Fortress, & lead shot filled Crab claw), and of course the "Utah". Of each of those types there might be the difference of whether or not it was vinyl coated, but mostly one looks like the last and so on... That sure was a ton of fun that winter!!!

So as far as this challenge goes, I am not interested in pumping up the numbers of people that read this thread. I do think of it as a database of sorts, that lets divers (especially new divers) know that you don't have to go to the mine pits or Superior to have a fun day of diving, and that there is probably a lake within minutes of each of their houses that may contain something that someone has never seen since it was sunk, scuttled, lost, or otherwise discarded. Life is too short to sit around and wait for a good place to go diving... Just throw a dart at a map, and dive the closest lake to it. You might be amazed what you find there. Smile
very well said john and very true.we find things all the time, but unless we are looking for it, we leave it there.

;D ;D ;D Team honey badger don't care  ;D ;D ;D ; Team honey badger always looking for it!
If trinity's going to get credit for some old boards then ill match his(might not be as old as his though). ...im having trouble typing today, as all my fingers are covered in bandaids due to long weekend diving tonka and the zebras getting the best of me. hope to be cured by next weekend to do it again.

...what a zoo this last weekend on the lake. I thought for sure i wasn't going to make it off the lake without becoming an archaeological artifact myself.. someone came up and tried to haul me and buoy into their boat! ...WTF
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31