MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Hey Guys, not to get out of 4 wheel drive and salt water both, and back to ice diving, but I'm thinking its time for some night icing on Waconia. Last Sunday out on Keg's reef was the thickest ice I've EVER cut at 38" that will be a lot to shoot lights thru, but do-able. Now that permanent shacks are off, if we go to the end of the ice road on "Center" reef or the next one to the west, we should be able to set up in the turnaround, without having to clear half of the 2nd largest lake in the metro area. This Sat. night the 8th is the plan, and with daylight saving time changing at 2am, maybe you can log an extra hour. Because it wont be too long before something like this pic is all there left to icing for another year. Let me know if your in. T
That sounds like a great idea.

I am in for sure!

Let me know if I need to bring the wheeler.
all IN
I'm in, but just the tip.
anyone interested in this?
lawless fishing open on pelican. big crappies 12"+ by the net full.
im thinking.sunday is last day.hit me up.stef
The sizes of crappie that they have been getting is 8 to 9 inches. There have been some larger ones but not many.
[attachment=5405]

if you cut a hole it fills up with fish! 1,000 acer lake. sounds interesting doesn't it. we need new 2014 fishing lic. but you can fish for anything. pike also, and take any, and everything.

sunday is the last day for this
Awesome night dive on Sat. night. Good times, with good people! Not the perfect spot, but it was still fun. Will do a better job of picking the spot, before prep begins. Big Grin

awsome pics scubafreak

here is the freeze out pictures.

sunday. i would bet hundreds of cars had pulled on and off this lake! DNR should rethink and manage more freeze out lakes like this.
by sunday nothing left. i mean, nothing. gangs of fishy people walking around scraping every last fish off the ice that had froze in over last week.i was amazed. im sure these fish are fine being they were frozen on for the last week.wow what a harvest.

here is the shinner picture
[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/P3071416.jpg.html][/URL]
"Not the perfect spot, but it was still fun. Will do a better job of picking the spot, before prep begins."

Agreed need a better spot that doesn't look like a horde of angry anchor eating elephants came thru.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20