MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I liked the chase cam also. I also liked the part where Hydro swam to the second hole, swiched safety lines and kept going from the second hole. The sped up video looked very steady (as is not always the case). Both videos were really good.
The pole adds a lot of stability... I have to remove a lot of bad footage when I hold the camera directly because I put the camera last on my attention radar.. the pole has an inherent stability eventhough its a pain to swim with.

The chase cam had zero issues as far as being on the line...
no switching of lines. we would normally never do that.
hydro that was amazing. i could not believe how you yielded that long sword of a camera! ive tried to drag long fishing rods underwater and remember how much resistance that was, i can only imagine yours. what a beast. amazing.cant wait till next weekend.
Which one was the footage from? The 12' or the 20'?

Moving some snow goes a long way to improve the overall quality of the dive. We might try using a pump to get more water out on the rays. We have a "paid" shoot coming up soon. It will combine my day job and diving. Big Grin
Forget the pump and just auger holes.. that floods well

Your right... At about the 3 minute mark it looks like Joe is dragging the safety line behind him as he comes back to the hole, but that was the anchor rope. The real safety line is looped back behind him and I missed it in the high speed playback. I have a video uploading right now that is kinda interesting, but I will post a link to in in another thread.

That's what we've been doing. It works ok for smaller areas. I would like to flood larger areas depending on the dive site. Our rays leave enough light in between to have good vis and not need a dive light. The more light, the better the video quality. As far as I am concerned you can't have too much. I recently upgraded my gopro to a 3+. It has a low light feature on it that works pretty well.
currious about what is called "traditional 4x4" alot of guys in every kind of 4x4 truck have been getting stuck in the ever growing deep snow.

i looked up and find reference to turning off the computer controlled traction control as a method to improve 4x4 handling on NON-paved surfaces. this is dangerous as it will chew your tires and stuff up on paved surfaces. anyone can shine some light on this topic?
Conventional 4WD vs TRac and VSC system. something to do with switiching from low 4WD and shifting the transission into \u201cL\u201d. This turns off
the TRACS computer and the VSC system. The vehicle is now in a conventional 4WD. what ever this amounts to. scuba freak any thoughts?

I have the conventional 4X4. If you have traction control, it is using the abs system to maximize traction by basically cutting back the power from the motor to stop the wheels from spinning. I personally can't stand traction control. I like to be in control of my vehicle, not my vehicle being in control. For cars, it isn't bad, but for trucks, I think it is a complete waste. I have 4 high, and 4 low, and 2 wheel drive. That is it. My traction control is me knowing when my tires are about to brake loose, and slip. It takes some getting used to with your truck, but I think that it works a lot better than traction control. Big Grin
yes, thanks. exactly. when i looked up models that allow for turning off the traction control, only the toyota Land cruzer had option to turn it off. and it comes with warning that doing so on standard hard surfaces would destroy the tires. only can be used on slippery surfaces(deep snow drifts). last weekend was eye opener for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20