MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[URL=http://s476.photobucket.com/user/shimizunet/media/PIC_0089.jpg.html][/URL]

n44 56.741'
w93 31.919'

here is another from po
on the bar coming out of robinsons bay.
roughly 10-16ft laying on edge of bar. tough to find. i think because it
is actually inside the bar in a depression. my coordinates are slightly off and need to be improved. but they are close. ive dove this several times
over last few years, but have missed it more times than found.
its the holy grail of wrecks because its loaded with fish. boat looks like skeleton. parts of wall are gone leaving a unique skeleton look. big bass and rock bass.
That looks like the steering wheel that I found in our first hole a couple weeks ago. I wonder if someone snagged it and ripped it out of this boat you are talking about. Huh

the wheel is kinda deep inside. in the video its hard to see, but two monster bass, are circling me. then inside the boat, under the floor its loaded with large fish.got to find the one again.
I have an 08 Caravan and traction control on the ice we have means your not allowed to drive. It effectively breaks the wheels so you literal can not move and do nothing but burn up break pads. It's crap. So I totally agree(d) with you until last night on my way home.

60mph on hwy 55 East bound and I was getting a little forgetful of the conditions as I follow several cars in the right lane. Conditions went from good to solid ice so I started to slow down and had zero traction. I was skidding at 60 and could hardly tell. Everyone in front was solid break lights yet nobody was catching anyone. I hardly closed the gap to the van in front of me by 200 feet or less. I stayed on the breaks (hard) and let ABS, stability control, skid control, and any other gizmo install do the work because it was working better than a human in this case. I skidded over 3 or 4 seconds (300 feet or more at 55mph) and did not yaw or leave my lane and I could still steer slowly into better conditions. If I was left to pump the breaks I'd be writing from intensive care for sure. Everyone did basically the same and with everyone on the same 'auto-ass-saver' we didn't wreck but all slowed about the same while maintaining lane control. It was f'n awesome. So it blows if you want to go and it's god when you want to stop. I have to push my 'esp off' at every light to get going but I now understand why it turn on at 40mph regardless.

I have the conventional 4X4. If you have traction control, it is using the abs system to maximize traction by basically cutting back the power from the motor to stop the wheels from spinning. I personally can't stand traction control. I like to be in control of my vehicle, not my vehicle being in control. For cars, it isn't bad, but for trucks, I think it is a complete waste. I have 4 high, and 4 low, and 2 wheel drive. That is it. My traction control is me knowing when my tires are about to brake loose, and slip. It takes some getting used to with your truck, but I think that it works a lot better than traction control. Big Grin
[/quote]
ABS systems are awesome, when they work. Cool. Traction control is used for the acceleration of a vehicle. ABS is for the stopping.

The traction control system uses the speed sensor in each of the four wheels from the ABS system to control the slipping on acceleration.

Some traction control systems will actually make a computed misfire of cylinders to take power away to keep you from slipping while accelerating. Some will transfer torque from the wheel that is slipping to a wheel that isn't.
....back to icing we have id guess 8 weekends left of ice.. last year april 21st was my last ice dive on calhoun.In 2012 it was about march 12th. 2011 was april 3rd.
back from long weekend
highlights include a lasso'd perch while fishing during set up.
successful dry dive after tearing seal and repair with 3m 33tape.
12 anchors, 1 spud,1crow bar, and one 2013 shinny penny.
saw a john dear tractor almost get stuck.

snow is getting deep.

Hey guys, I'll be out with you again this weekend or next. Here is a couple of videos from my dive weekend.
0 - Octos
1 - ratfish
5 - Wolf Eels
20/30- Nubibranchs
15 - lingcod
1- really pissed off lingcod guarding her eggs (enough to ram both me and my dive buddy)

Ok, one more of a ratfish we were chasing for a bit.

Also, airfare now is down to like $218 round trip in May. This is so cheap. (I'm going to be diving out there May 7-12, minimum 2 dives per day if your interested in joining me.)
wow that is cheep.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20