MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I will have to put together some pics again and email them to some buddies in Louisiana, they will get a kick out of them.

When the temp is projected to dip below 30 degrees, they call it a cold front.
Hey all.. incase anyone didnt get the word we are diving spring park bay on tonka sunday at 10 am..... the water is gonna be warm and balmy at 35 degrees.. compared to the -5 we have right now!
Ok Joe , give them the video evedance. Terry had to give up the story and I can almost eat so up without tears.
???
I think this deserves its own clip.
Vis at spring park bay was great 15 - 30 feet... air temp was about 10ºf.... no bottles and almost no garbage.. mostly soft bottom but the diving was still great due to the light and vis..on the surface everything was freezing up.. somehow there was 2 inches of slush on the surface of the ice... nordic carribean
That was a cold day! One glove/seal was kinked and leaked. Swapped to regular winter gloves. At some point I got cold fingers and noticed that my fingertips on these xlarge lose gloves had filled with water and was frozen! I had ice cube in each fingertip! At that point I was basically done with my diving day. That’s after I had water running down my one arm. Mysteriously it seemed dryer later in the day. Ice was building on the shoes. It grew like stalactites. Had so much ice on my lower portion of body, I couldn’t get out of my dry suit. At home after soaking in hot water I got out of suit. To my surprise a 4inch long chunk of ice came out from between my dry suit insulation and my dry suit! With icy gloves shoes hats and all sorts of stuff that’s wet and iced up. My wife was not happy with me. But…. What’s important.
I swam with a 4ft musky and got fairly decent video. It’s crunching now. Hope to share this. It followed and swam circles around me for nearly 2 minutes. I offered my fingers and hand as offering, and I think it considered it.
I’m in trouble and got to go.

I was wondering how long it would take the G-men to find out they couldn't walk on waterWink
here is the best few seconds. this fish did circles around me.

video never turns out like you hope. live action was amazing. much clear in person than the video makes out. been working on this few seconds to share all night.
enjoy.

popo, you should bring some bait with you if you want the fish to get closer.
Glad you guys are back at it again, sounds like you are having fun. I would imagine John and I will be firing up the heater in the dive shack in the near distant future. Stay warm, be safe, and have fun!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20