MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

wear a head mount.

isn't the head mount more shaky than the gun mounted camera?

better dig out the spikes ice is going to be slick this weekend. ideal for dragging sleds again. might get another shot at clear ice again
The trouble with a gun mount is the recoil is tough on the camera.. and the recoil will throw the subject out of the picture.
I may know whos lead and tape that is. If it gets returned to the surface I have a contact for you.

For a second I thought Terry had converted to archaeologism and that it was his tape.Wink
[/quote]

Yes, the tape has been there for quite some time. I think a couple years.

We should have reeled it all back up and set in on the bow, or brought it up. We know who's tape it is. Undecided

Do you think that they would want it back for the next survey? Big Grin
[/quote]
Take only photos, leave only bubbles...and tape measures...and lead...and...Huh
I like the wreck videos guys! Nice to see a wreck without zebra mussels. Big Grin How deep are these wrecks? Was the visibility typical for ice diving conditions? I assume there is too much boat traffic and general activity to do these in the summer with any positive results?
summer vis 10ft or so . heavy boat traffic, heavy waves. early morning only if you were to. depth 50ft aprox. ice diving seems vis changes. two weeks ago was better. we are losing vis now. out at depth last weekend we had layered water with a cloudy milk layer around 20ft or so. clear on top and bottom. bay by bay, each has unique conditions. much of upper lake is near zero vis even in winter. say 5ft vis. also vis is affected by light penetration. we spent several hours plowing and hand shoveling to get a small window. just for a one hole dive. yesterday we saw surface water murking up one corner and i think this is happening all around the lake
ha.
the mother of all bass scuba dives. this is 25 bass in one dive. two weekends ago. it took me this long to cut it just right. enjoy. its the best video i have made with smallmouth bass. 45ft down on the hercules wreck in minnetonka. exceptional wreck for bassSmileenjoy. stef
Robert, Pobo, Joe, Jason and I, Ice jumped Wazetta Bay of Minnetonka on Sunday. I have attached a video of the 1956 Chevy, Carp and a cool exit to the hole with Joe's leg through the hole. Thanks Robert for hauling our butts and gear all over the Bay! Big Grin
Cheers
hey , anyone think about my interest in tallying up all the misshaps and posting as a reference and professional discussion of learning?anyone have any problems with me posting this info

i would start by donating my own.

1)tank/bc tipped over and fell on the reg. a very dependable reg set. it started freeflowing and would not stop. so i brought in for servicing. two overhauls later $200 later service center(not to be named) gave me the word that they will not do more on this reg set.

2) someone moved the gas heater. i backed up into what i thought was a safe corner. only to sit down on the heater. burning hole thru suit. fortunately got a patch on it before next weekend and its cool beans again.

3)the almost lost diver scene that i will just leave described like that.

4)float line that wrapped around a surface dive hole marker out by hercules.I didn't mention this to the group, but on my 200ft sweep on this dive, i pulled the rope around, the previous divers marker used to mark the hole that froze in.solution swim back around the stick.

5)forgot to dry off bc from week before, and had water frozen on top of inflate/deflate mech and when I went to add air, the hose was forced..blown off the inflator! now no bouyancy underwater for duration of dive.solution swim back and get zip tie back after melting bc.

6)tore hand seal off drysuit, in an emergency relief situation. replace hand seal for next week.

7)truck got stuck in snow drift 2miles off shore.solution tow strap thanks Trinity.

8)weight belt fell down hole.recovery by hydro,thanks.

9)no hot water for freeze up problems. solution cut can in half and hang from shelter over heater.

come on guys donate to the knowledge
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20