MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Ha ha..time index 350. one of my kids punches dave.
Got out to do some diving today. The target was the barge in Wayzata bay. We found the barge, so I was the first down the hole. Vis was pretty good until I reached the barge. That is where vis turned to crap in a hurry. Right above the barge was a haze. You had to be right on top of it to see it. Well, at least within 5 feet of it. Undecided

Got the heck out of that spot, and headed to a spot that was of interest earlier, but never got to dive it because I was hell bent on finding the barge. Huh We know now, that was a waste of time and energy. Tongue

Made the hole using my little 20" chainsaw, auger and a hand saw. What a work out. YOU HAVE TO REALLY WANT IT! Big Grin

All in all, it was a pretty good day of diving. Did some ice art at the end of the day, and got some pretty good video that I am uploading right now. Hope to have it up by tomorrow night.

After we were done diving, we headed out on the main lake. Drove all the way out to drop the camera down to check vis on the Hercules and the Stern Wheeler. Both look like they have very good vis.

Dream come true
After every possible disaster. Tank bleeds dry, dry suit tears. Truck gets stuck, finally I’m at the wreck. My dive group is excited to visit this wreck being the largest in the lake at 125ft long. And sitting deep at 55ft it would not hold many fish. I’m all bah humbug, everyone dives it, I’m finally the last guy down. Send me down. See what ill come up with. Me I’m not so impressed being more interested in viewing fish than a burnt boat. But coming up I have a feeling of something watching me. Just like jaws I see the beast coming towards me in the distance. Coming for me!
We have been seeing muskies all winter. Usually you might notice one, as you swim up near and they shoot off. Rarely do they come to you. This is the dream come true. In some of the clearest water we have see, and brightest plowed off area, this monster swims forever to come see me. All the while I’m holding my breath, as my mask floods. Finally I exhale. My pals on the surface watch in disbelief. As a monster swims by. Many divers that I dive with, fail to notice the musky’s, you have to know where to look for them, as they suspend off shore from the structures, in areas you don’t see much else. Once you know where to look, you start seeing them everywhere. This one surprises even me, being we are so far off shore. Yes it was coming for me. And this was my hole of holes. It started as a BS dive hole I wasn’t vibin on, but I will be very interested in coming back to this spot.
Enjoy, Stephen
Nice video Stephen.
you lucky dog you....(you see, the wreck are cool)
Popo, you know the reason the Big Musky wasn't afraid of you, but was of me, right?
Couple days ago I came across, no less then, the Grumpie, (when I first saw him, I thought,,, that old sob, so many Dick's, and so few Richards,,,,) common Grump, you KNOW I'm messing with you Wink ,,,at the Viking electric distribution center. He was telling me about the award that the GLSPS gave him, and I was pleased by that, and I told him about icing the wrecks we were doing north of Big Island. Told him we had 26" of clear and we were (all day) the only gas powered anything in sight. He said, he knew that he reads mnscuba, but he wasn't tough enough to be out on that late ice anymore. I assured him he still was. There are times (with 32 jumps thru the ice this season so far) I think, I'm, getting too old to keep hitting it this hard. Then I think of Nate, Popo, Young Joe, Scuba Steve, John, Robert, Jason and Scotty, and occasionally Dangerous Dave, out there hitting it, and think, I'd miss not being there. Thank you, guys,,,,I just took a look on the stats here and it seems these 4 icing challenges now have over 100,000 reads, that makes me smile. Trinity
It truly is fun and interesting diving with our adverse group of people. All come together for a common goal: Diving. The stories that are told, the laughs we all have. It truly is very enjoyable every time we get together.

See everyone on Saturday.
yes, thank you T-man. J-squared learns more on the ice than in his books.
im looking at my video i posted on monday. its got nearly 600 views in 4 days!
wow!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20