MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

For a second I thought Terry had converted to archaeologism and that it was his tape.Wink

For a second I thought Terry had converted to archaeologism and that it was his tape.Wink
[/quote]

Yes, the tape has been there for quite some time. I think a couple years.

We should have reeled it all back up and set in on the bow, or brought it up. We know who's tape it is. Undecided

Do you think that they would want it back for the next survey? Big Grin

[/quote]

Yes, the tape has been there for quite some time. I think a couple years.

We should have reeled it all back up and set in on the bow, or brought it up. We know who's tape it is. Undecided

Do you think that they would want it back for the next survey? Big Grin
[/quote]

Big Grin
Here is my video of the Herc. It is too bad that my first video didn't turn out so well. I was the first down the hole, and there were a lot more and bigger small mouth on the wreck on my first dive. Lesson learned: do not put a crap filter on the camera! Tongue

[/quote]

I can see John (especially with my pink shovel in hand) underwater that you could think I was being converted to the archeological side, no worries though. I actually enjoy diving, and don't mind sharing information on what we find underwater. As I've seen over the last 3 decades on just the wrecks of the Madiera, and America alone, wrecks are a finite resource, and should be enjoyed while there still here. It is a shame our local marine archaelogists don't feel the same. No doubt they don't want to be "shamed" by the quality of our video vs theirs of the local wrecks.
we started in nov ice diving first bays to freeze up, it now ending month 5. i think were going to be in month 6 before this ends!

That is some of the best video I have ever seen in Minnetonka! The viz looks good and the wreck looks good but the quality of the video itself is outstanding.
I think vis peaked two weekends ago. surface water is starting to penetrate in many areas. barge in Wayzata was the first murky mess. also we saw a chemocline of sorts with a strange line at around 15-20ft that was thin. slightly clearer water above and below. and slightly milky water in a narrow band.

any one have a test for ice strength. Im curious with nearly 30inches is there a point to test the candle sticking strength?
really wanted to get some video footage of ice spearfishing. unfortunately haven't mounted a camera to any speargun. several ideas im thinking about.
Thanks John.

I am still learning how to keep the camera steady. It is a tough thing to do. Any little movement shows up really easy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20