MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Hey Guys, there's lots of winter left, how close are we to driving to those wrecks, is anyone driving on Tonka yet? Roberts 4 wheeler will do it, that things a tank, but she'd be better to drive to if we can.
I have been trying to get information on if anyone has been driving on the main part of the lake. I have not gotten any. So far, everyone has said that that was the last part of the lake to freeze, but didn't say how much ice was north of the big island. They are driving trucks on Excelsior bay though. I will keep asking around, to see if there is any updated ice conditions.

Depending on what I have going on tomorrow afternoon, I might head out to Minnetonka to check ice conditions around the island. Big Grin
Plan for this Saturday is to head to Wayzata bay to search and recover a lost GPS.

Have good intel. The house is still directly above where it was dropped down a fishing hole. Big Grin

After that, we could try to find the Cabin Cruiser that we didn't get on last year. Big Grin
wayzatta sounds interesting.
main lake is going to be thinner by far, then rest of lake. its only had afew weeks compared to the month that the side bays have had.
spirt/Breezy point. awsome dive. 30ft vis or so, could see the bottom from the hole in 26ft! no muskies today.
here is great article on the history of this important spot.
Here are some short clips from this past weekend. Big Grin

Nice recovery. It's always fun to have a target and even more fun to find it! John and I made it out on Sat. What a beautiful day! We were diving on Forest Lake hoping to find a new wreck. Water was still pretty murky with only about 6-8' of vis. Still good to get out and enjoy the day. We should start gathering some intel for another Mille Lacs outing.
I vote for Piersons for this Sunday. It is in Carver County.

Anyone have any objections? Cool
here hydro this post is for you.stef

cold weekend.-10 high yesterday.
dove new years on big carnelian 25ft vis summer/15ft vis winter
dove jan 4th (new lake) 2ft vis summer/25ft vis winter.

measured 16inches ice off launch. later re-measured final spot and found 8inches clear with several inches of white unknown ice top. in another spot there was 6inches of liquid on top of the ice that stopped a guy that looks like me in his truck tracks.(thats with subzero temps!)
yeah that ice is weird this year for what the cold should be doing to it.

im off to check out the bioluminscent bay in vieques

this is where im staying tonight

this was last night, it was on a golf course so its designed for people who are lazy Dodgy

found a decent place to snorkel, but its a half mile walk, called black beach... other places were pretty turned up from all the surf.... minnesota lakes taste[/b] better tho... i dont know if im gonna dive anywhere or not Confused
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20