MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 4th annual icing challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Nice viz Joe. Looks like 40' or so?
yeah tonka has great vis 25+ for sure, but light penetration seems to be more of the limiting factor.... 30 feet looking up is bright, but 30 feet horizontal is dark due to all the snow... the 3 light circles in the video are where the snow was shoveled off.

so popo's effort paid off. under one of the circles it was soo bright i could hardly see.

anyone keeping track of all the odd ball stuff that has gone down this season?
dove tonka again sat... vis is over 50 feet for sure, I had a video shooting terry swimming away from the hole with the camera at the hole and I could still see him 50 ft away... Rod and Popo thought vis was a whopping ~75 feet... limiter is light due to the 1+ of snow on top.... we dove horseshoe reef and nay a drop of trash was to be found... all the zebras ate

also used a goofy 6' pole for video, sucked to swim with but it was half amusing to see my swim technique... I shortened it from the 15 minute version to a 3 minute version to spare everyone

Awesome video, as always. I have an idea for my camera placement, for the next dive. With the great vis we have been having on Tonka, my idea might just work. I will need to dive the hole twice for it to work.

See ya guys next weekend.
here is the "other" half of that video. video still does not do it justice.

Stephen, that really turned out well. I am impressed. Very nice!
yeah the chase line cam worked great Popo!

I like it. Did you attach a gopro directly to the dive line?
Yes Nate with two clips about a foot apart on a metal rod (to keep it parallel to the line) with a small float on it help to keep it neutral. I thought it had limited chance of staying focused on the diver, but it seemed to work, the guys hooked the first one about 12' back and the second time about 20' back. Sure worked better then I thought. On the lower end of Tonka the zebras are thick, and vis. is better then I've ever seen there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20