MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Steve (for talk of winning) are those, stainless steel, or titanium? Hey we cant let Nate go limp, we want him out there with us, hes dreaming of sunny Fla. we need him and John for any real competition. What are we going to do?            T
[/quote]

our first official ice dive will be on Saturday. Let the games begin.....

ORDER IN THE COURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(yes I am banging my gavel!!!)  Wink

Since ya'll didnt bring anything up - it is a moot point on whether it counted - correct?

Or are you also competing here for most Ice dives?  I may have to go back and reread the entire thread again to get this straight!  ;D

If your counting dives - IMHO - I would say that any ice that is thick enough to have to bust through should count towards an actual Ice dive

BUT - Kristi has a point.  Terry, you DID indeed state that you have to "cut the hole" - your rules dude!

Based on that little rule right there - it wouldnt count towards an Ice dive according to the challenge rules

No, it's anchors. This is saber rattling.
if there is saber rattling involved, can I get a judges ruling if an el cheapo katana can count as a saber?

looks like my participation will also have a slight handi-cap - gotta go to western N Dakota sometime in January to help my sister out for a week or two, so I'll miss out on some prime dive time!  (not that my anchoring skilz will be enough to be a true competitor anyway!)
                TRINITY'S thinking,,,,,,,
                            Close to 2000 members we have no registered female icers, but two female judges, (that made me smile) dont get tied up in what I said gals, my intent,,,,, ( how many guys have gone down this road :-\),,,, was to not call it an ice dive if the ice is 1/4" thick. Next year, I'll change it to, "if you cant die under it, its not icing", So about the thickness you can walk on. I appreciate both Christie and Angie calling me on a "cut hole", look forward to sharing a hydroxilated beverage with both of you.    
                            DRBs, one individual speaks for all of you? The cash was long ago taken off the table. Feel free to jump on.      T
I hope I didn't cause any commotion when I questioned this "First" official ice dive of the season. That would be so out of character for me to instigate something  >Big Grin. I haven't been in the water since purgatory with Terry and Shooter back on October 9th. My gills are starting to grow shut. I got my regulators back from getting cleaned and serviced at Aquaventure. They were really nasty but now they will be "good to go" for the season with them tuned up a bit for ice. Two days and a wake up until game day.

No John, no concerns at all my friend, we all know whats an ice dive and whats not, was just looking at the numbers, almost 2000 members, my goofy challenge has been read better then 2600 times and we end up with a group of participants, likely in the, teens? :-\       TRINITY
                  I was actually just loading my McCullogh down against an old stump in the back yard after switching to my icing blade for this weekend. But was wondering, I have a big stack of firewood, maybe this winter, bring it out onto the lake at night to bonfire, bring my 5KW generator to shoot some construction light thru the ice, maybe set up a happy hour/dive out on the ice, just come out, check it out, throw back a few, stay warm, share some laughs, what does everyone think of that? We'll make sure everyone gets on and off the ice safely.      T

Sounds like a GREAT time - count me in!!!

As far as no registered female Ice divers - I need to get certified before I start doing any Ice dives.  Mark and I are planning to take the class this season so fear not boy divers - this gal will most certainly be in on next years contest... heh heh
brutal conditions for tomorrow! Judges stand by for anchor counts!
I've heard, I'll bet you'll be golden if you have a truck with a plow on it  ;D  Or that fancy truck with the scuba stations and showers.