MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They don't have a smiley for ROFLOL!  Terry maybe you should just keep that snow blower in your truck- clears snow off ice too.  That is terrible and a very very long section to plow to get your truck out.  Glad it's all in one piece and you made it out okay.
The fords seem to have a better built in decision making process... ;D Any time you rely on the govt. for a decision common sense goes out the window  :o

John and I will be diving our ss (super secret) location that we were going to save until the end to put some anchors on the board and get in the lead. I think we have the smaller more efficient shelter system figured out now. I am predicting at least six anchors  :o on Saturday and maybe even a shipwreck!! Conditions can't be any worse than last Saturday
Team Isanti went for a dip today. We thought we would be able to find six but we could only get 5. Divers were Nate, Art, and myself. The weather was almost tropical compared to last weekend. Made the set up seem... almost too easy. Here are the obligatory photos of the loot for the first of many anchors found by Team Isanti.
I can't believe you're still hunting Green Lake! I know that house in the photo. Your 54 page master plan is Green Lake? That's sad John, real sad.

Break it down, I think this is individual achievements.

Terry, Joe and I are about to go out.

"I can't believe you're still hunting Green Lake! I know that house in the photo." Arcflash, remember when you and I went out the day after Christmas on 12-26-2009 and found the boat, the spud, and about 5 anchors? The distance from that ice hole was 109' from the ice hole that produced the Whopper 18 anchor dive on 2-6-2010. Figure a 150' rope radius from each hole and there was a MASSIVE overlap in the search area and still great results. There is a method to the madness when it comes to our dives, and not just walking out until you get winded, set up and maybe find something.

"Your 54 page master plan is Green Lake? That's sad John, real sad." The master plan is only 51 pages and it it covers 3 bodies of water. We could handle winning this thing on Green Lake alone but variety is the spice of life. We may even live on the edge, and throw a dart over our shoulder, and dive where ever it lands... if we feel charitable.

"Break it down, I think this is individual achievements." I was going to phrase the reply 'here is the breakdown' but breakdown is not something we are familiar with. Here is the individual score from our 12-18-10 dive:
Shooter: 1 anchor
Detectorguy: 4 anchors
AandA: A cast iron widget thing that is not identified as of yet. (Not an anchor but resembles a Bollard from a larger boat.)

We also found the typical stuff bottles, ice dipper, cups, and a spud.

"Terry, Joe and I are about to go out." Good luck. If you guys want, we can give you the coordinates to where we have been. We may have missed one or two anchors there.
i didnt make it to the lake, had to finish my truck... but this might be a new method (do we know this guy1?, i would be positive it was terry if he had his cowboy hat on)
                   TRINITY"S Icing Challenge,,,,, like you open up a deck of cards, and all it is, is jokers.
                   Young Joe (positive its me???? ,,,,WTF,,,I don't think I'll even respond to that, other then to say, you can put that idea back in your arse where it came from) couldn't make it so it was up to Steve and I to rise to the challenge. We headed to one, of our many secret lakes, so secret even those that live on it didn't know their address, but suffice to say its the deepest lake in the 7 county metro area. We loaded Steve's sled and as you can see "I" towed it with all the gear, by hand, no sissy four wheelers or snowmobiles for guys like Steve and I , well, as Steve did the photography. Dual layers of ice and even with snowshoes on we at times busted thru the top layer. Cut the first hole and I went in first. I came up with 5, Tullie showed uo to cheer us on and I went to cut a new hole for Steve. Cont in the next post,,,,,
                   Steve came up with another 5 with a potential 6th based upon the judges decision. Heres a pic of todays haul. Now obviously I dont want to say anything at all about today being Steve and I alone, against Nate, Art and John and still, doubling their haul, as a lot of lesser divers might. This is likely my last dive before I run to Belize a week from today, but it does remind me of the song by Kid Rock titled, " It Feels Good To Be Me" to be tied with my diving buddy, Steve for first place. John coming up a strong third and my friend Nate, with only one anchor, dragging up the bottom Wink. I'll think of my fellow icers and toast you all with warm ocean breezes and a cold beer from Ambergis Key.      TRINITY

If we can get the judges to weigh in on Steves, "window weight" as a legitimate score, to put him solidly in the lead :-\, I would appreciate that, and for those that wonder, ice thickness was 5-6" of clear below 4-5" of frost ice as can be seen in the background of one of the pics.
Terry lost 2 in the silt on the pull back or he'd be at 7, me 5 , John 4 and Nate 1. But I'm ok with a tie at 5.

Team Gilligan 10

Nice scores Steve and Terry. I think I recognize that house in the background on the SE corner of Lake Elmo. I think the guy owns a Dutch Boy Paint store which would explain the numbers of paint cans he used to anchor his floating dock. I wouldn't have been too proud to pull them up either. Nice strategy though, every floating dock there is probably has a few utahs under it and some of them may be more than blocks. I Found two different pairs of matching earrings before, but I guess I wouldn't have imagined a matching pair of paint cans with horse shoes in them. You two clearly have the lead and all I can do is sulk until we can catch up.

P.S. That window weight was probably a sentinel  ;D