MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Nate and I finished the ice diving season today (as far as the 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge goes anyway). We started the challenge with the big blizzard on 12-11-10 and ended it with 57 degrees and sunshine on 3-19-11. The ice was still thick as it was but it was candle ice and very grainy. We tried all day to be miserable, and no matter how we tried, we just couldn't make it happen. We tried diving with out a shelter on the second hole (we found out isn't for us). We tried making the hole 3' x 3' x 3' to see what we were missing out on (turns out We like the 4' hole better). We tried pushing the ice blocks under (probably won't do that again in the near future). We set up both holes near creeks that dump into Green Lake and the visibility was very poor at best. So as hard as we tried to be miserable, it was a comfortable, fun, stress-free day.

So now are you ready for the [glow=red,2,300][/glow]? Today Nate found 4 anchors and I found 7 anchors.

John
I have a question, did any one figure out the total weight of all the anchors recover. It should not be hard if you still have them. Other wise what did you do with THEM.
I just talked to the team, I didn't dive, I went to a gun show to give you guys a chance at number one, and they pulled a load of 16 I think but I'll let them give you the break down.

Well I know by Johns count I hold first by 1 at 38 to johns 37. Sorry buddy, I know you wanted it more then I did.
I hate to have the season come to an end.  For the little time that I did get in on the competition, it was very fun, and exciting.    :'(

I started out the day by getting to the landing a little before the rest of the crew. I headed out on the wheeler to scope out some locations to see what bottom content was like and if the vis was worth diving.  Vis turned out to be pretty good, and the bottom was nice and sandy with rocks anywhere from the size of grapefruit to the size of my wheeler.

Did three dives and ended up with 9 for the day. 

Here is four of the nine recovered.

These are the last of the totals that Kristi put up:

Steve- ArcFlash   38
John- Detector Guy   32 + 7 = 39
Nate- Shooter   28 + 4= 32
Terry- Trinity   24
Joe- Hydro   16
Robert--Scubafreek864   10 + 9 = 19
Art- AandA   5

After looking at the last of the totals, it appears that John did come out on top after finding 7 yesterday.  Sorry Steve.  Could'a, would'a, should'a ??   ???  Man, how I wish you would have came out yesterday.  

Steve, there is still hope!  You still have today to pull the 2 anchors you need to take the lead away!!!
Right, Kristi didn't update for last weekend! I thought john was at 32 but the guys said 30.

That works out well then. I don't make a trophy for myself. Good job john. I passes on diving to go with a buddy to a gun show. I was going to dive after but I locked my keys in the van (they fell out of the pocket of my spring jacket when I moved some gear) that put my time line to the lake about 2pm so I chose to take the day off and let them take all the gear for themselves. I knew by not going you would likely overtake me but I never did need to win. I just wanted to avoid a 44-3 Superbowl.

Lastly, a bird told me:
Those isanty guys were crying for an end so Terry closed it early on account of all the tears melting the ice.

So Terry, how are we diving next weekend?
did 2 dives on the last ice diving challenge day... heres all my anchors:

yeah i dont know what the h3ll happened, but it was fun,

Robert started out the day Rolling!

then took a rest cause he was moving so much iron:

so he switched and decided to find a yacht sized utah:

Terry started opting for a quality utah anchor over quantity:

but then after Robert started making a haul, Terry decided to do some cleaning,,, i hear he found all of these anchors on the bottom of the lake even (i am not sure i believe this theory tho):

robert had a nice setup for moving the gear across the lake to new sites:

terry had a mini competition opening up holes with himself and won the second round with a 45 second hole
first attempt:

Second attempt with the win:

we also took some demo videos of one man block clearing:
me opening the pool:

Terry opening:
[color=red]
So if Terry didn't double cut that one side it's 1:20 for the cut and :35 to push it down. That's why I it's hard to be geared in time. It takes me 4 flat to gear up.

That sucks it's over.

There is still time to take the lead! 8 hours of daylight left. With the G-men not in town next weekend, I kinda think of ending it this weekend as a mercy killing. That way there would not be excuses of how it went so badly, so quickly.
Tissue?...
I could go dive today but will Nate call Terry and cry more?

Joe, You want to go? Robert is probably in. I'm packed from yesterday.