MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not Ice Certified so I can judge.
Terry,

Might as well throw my reg into the ring. I don't know if I will be able to get many dives in this winter with you guys, I will be in Virginia for 4 weeks in January with the Naional Guard, then March looks like a possible deployment overseas, so that just leaves late December and February, and February looks like I have a couple classes to teach. So needless to say, this really sucks. But lets not forget who has the 36" bar!!!

But my main concern at this point is in your initial posting, you said,

"All times must be verifiable, either signed logs or computer verification, or certifiable if you'd rather be considered that.

When you say certifiable, are we talking about the dives or the divers? Cause truth be told, there's been more than one occasion when I thought we are all Certifiably Half Nuts.
Hi guys. The DRB's are in. Mike, Mac, Bob D, Lloyd, Bill, Linda, Pat...let the fun begin. Linda

Looks like were packing a group of about 15 divers right now, so thats dandy. Doogles welcome to the judging group with Christie and Bob, sounds like your a little short on icing experience, but hey, we'll make it work.  Curious Linda what "DBR" standa for, I'm thinking rebreather, just not sure what the D stands for, little sheepish on guessing since I dont know your group yet  :-\, but welcome just the same. Good to see dangerous Dave Torry onboard too, helping to represent the older, more rode hard group, so I dont have to go it alone. Still looking to add a couple more judges, and room for plenty of divers. Well hit the wrecks of Minnetonka thru the ice, for those with enough anchors, depths of 40-80' where and you can see the ENTIRE length of the sternwheeler the, "Excelsior" from 20' lying in 65'. I appreciate everyones response, THANK YOU!        TRINITY
Hey Terry- maybe you'll find that spud you set free last winter  >Big Grin
I spoke to Lloyd and Mac once and they explained the meaning for "DRB".
Not to sound harsh but DRB = Dirty Rotten Bastards. If this is not the case... I appologize.

I like the idea of the $10 entry fee. Not the typical "Sponsored event fee", but kinda like playing poker... Ante up and split the ante some way between the winners. with 15 contestants at $10 each, that would be $150. The $150 could be split up to $75 for first, $50 for second, and $25 for third... Or what ever... Now I agree that it should be total number of recovered anchors and not the total weight of anchors. Besides, I know Arcflash is pretty fond of the metric system and I would need to spend all day converting metric tons to long tons ;D.

Hey Christi!
                        Maybe, but I doubt it, all my anchors on the Impulse, and all my spuds, I have found on the bottom of lakes, its a drag to set free an anchor, Arcflash and I went to the wall to retieve two that got hung up on the sidewheeler in Minnetonka this summer, thats how much of a drag it is, but I like setting my spud free. I like to think of it out there in the world, free to explore on its own, to go to strange new places, to go where no man has gone before. I'd even like to say it when I set it free, but I think it would sound kind of dopey.        T

John is that all it is? Maybe I do know these folks, I know lots of them, somedays, that's all I meet. Can others join their group, even if their parents were married?        T
Two things.

1. Any anchor made of cheese should be disqualified.

2. DRB is anything that fits.  Like Dumb Retarded Bonehead, or Diabolical Rotten Bastard, but dirty rotten bastard works too.