MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here I was all ready to go, waiting for a phone call to let me know if we were going to get out on the last day of the challenge.  No phone call..  ???  WTF  :o  Then here you post that you two went off and did some diving today.  (I just had to get in on all this BS that has been going on on here).

I was happy staying at home today and having some fun with the wife and kids.  Looks like you just had enough to take the lead back.  Way to go Steve, now you are really going to piss of John...  ;D
Well, It was a valiant effort and I applaud your commitment. The trouble is that we set the bar so high all season long and your team rose to the challenge. Every time the bar was set, the G-men would try to reach it. About 3 weeks ago, We thought it would be prudent to not set the bar quite so high. On 3-6-11 (the day after the Arctic Plunge) Nate and I went to Green Lake and found 20 anchors in one hole. That is a new record in itself. On that day I found 11 anchors and Nate found 9 anchors. This should put me un-officially at 50 anchors and Nate at 41 anchors for the 2010/2011 season. Kinda like Texas Holdem, Never show all your cards at once. Here are the photos of that non-miserable day:
John
Here are a couple more photos as one of the 20 anchors looks like a cement block. It was actually 4 pieces of 3" "c-channel" welded together. We also found a tackle box, a fishing rod, 3 full Miller beers and a spud that day.
That picture expired. The rule was you had to post them right away. Sorry guys. It was put it to avoid cheating. That's too bad you can't count them.  :Smile
don't be a sore loser.  :Smile
good job on coming from behind, you made it a challenge  8)

I posted the rules here for you to review. Bang!

Misery is a toll you pay for real adventure. All the history books support this. If is wasn't a little miserable everyone would dive ice. Seeing how we only got 7 guys diving out of 1200, I'll assume the rest know misery is unavoidable.

[/quote]

I dive because I enjoy it. For me it is a very relaxing and Zen like experience. The competition has definitely taken some of that away. I can still have an adventure without suffering. I bust ass all week long @ work with efficiency, and sometimes doing things I don't enjoy. But that is why I get paid to do it, because it's work. I like my weekends to be a little more relaxing,slower paced and with as little misery as possible. Finding anchors is an added bonus. Do adverse conditions and weather increase the challenge? Yes but along with that we take extra measures to prevent misery and suffering. If it doesn't become fun anymore, why bother. This is the only year I will be competing because of the above reasons.  8)
[/quote]
[/quote]

OK, we have pushed the envelope, well beyond the bankrupt state of the USPostal Service, it is time, for all good things, to come to an end,,,,, turn out the lights, the party's over :'(. This is THE OFFICIAL ENDING WEEKEND of Trinity's 1st annual icing/anchoring challenge, March 19-20th 2011. Spring begins on Sunday, what better end.  I could not be more impressed with the sportmanship shown amongst all the slush slinging (almost exclusively from that group of henchmen, Team Isanti) the hometown team has prevailed, we have been down all contest, but yet have carved and clawed our way back to Steve solidly holding first place, we have continued to climb against seemingly insurmountable odds, how did we know for three straight weeks we would choose lakes that had, next to no anchors at all, and STILL find one or two there. Even Molly, continualy taking pics with my new big saw stating, "Terry, you are so much man," to inspire me, onward to cut, not just one, but to cut two, then three, onto four, as my endurance built up and then,,,,,finally 5 HOLES, a day. I cant hardly believe it myself.
                                  I need to go rest my typing finger, to be able to pull the trigger, of my huge saw, for tomorrow we must naugh, that last bit of claw, of anchors holding the dirt, as I get ready to tear off my shirt, not just to be like an Irish flirt, but to raise my hand like wing blowing up a skirt, ONWARD TO VICTORY FOR THE G-MEN TO ASSERT!                                  TRINITY
[/quote]
thanks for drawing the line in the sand,
before the game got out of hand.
Your competion was a blast,
i don't think anyone really came in last. 8)

Nice trick team Isanti, little underhanded, but nice, do hope with all your public saftey "training" you do, if your ever called upon to recover anything or anyone, its a nice day for you, (57 degrees F and sunny and you, still, need a shack  :-[ ) so you dont have to dive in conditions that might be considered "misery".  :-[

...Really?...

Shock & Awe!  ;D I told you we saved the best for last.

Underhanded? How can it be underhanded when it was done at your request?  :o  or were we only supposed to do that when we had the hickory switch in our hand with a commanding lead ?

You don't worry about us, and our public safety diving. We enjoy volunteering our time, resources, and money. It is a great way to give back to our community and help people when they really need it.

I believe Terry requested a official end of the competition count......

Now an interesting side story to go along with the 20 anchor dive on Green Lake.

You will probably remember the flashlight that I found. I was able to track down the person who lost it. When he stopped by the shop to pick it up, it was apparent to him the type of work that I do. It led to me being able to bid on a five figure sign project. He also told me about a friend of his had lost a tackle box and fishing poles on Green Lake. I told him to have his friend contact me and we'd see what we could do to help. As it turns out where he lost it, was in the vicinity of the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow]. We used it as a training exercise. We were successful in locating his tackle box. It also turns out that a lot of the lures that were in there were given to him by his grandfather and were of great sentimental value to him. These kinds of opportunities to help people make our training and sacrifice worth it.  8)

all smack talk aside, I would like to take this opportunity to thank John, the author and architect of the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow]. He was the brains behind the operation and I was just along for the ride. I can't wait to turn him loose on some real treasure after I move to Florida. I would also like to thank Terry,Steve, and the rest of the G men. I look forward to diving with you all under less competitive circumstances.  8)