MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nice job, feelin the pressure. the big one that got away,  It's good to have karma on your side.  8) It's funny you should mention that because we have a little story behind the 100th anchor. I won the coin toss so I was up first in rotation. The expectations were high. Approximately 10 minutes into my first dive, I was still relatively dry at this time, I spotted off at the edges of visibility what appeared to be a huge mushroom anchor. In my excitement and glee, I gave the wrong signals to my tender, and found myself being pulled back to the hole! I was spun around and heading in the wrong direction so I dropped to the bottom and dug in, causing a mushroom cloud of silt and temporarily disorienting me. I went back somewhat frustrated to the hole, wondering if John had been planted a camera in my mask.  ??? when I realized it was I who gave the wrong signal.  :-[ I went back and had to search at least 5 to 10 minutes before I could find it.

that is because for you, "he is the one"  8)

I think in the essence of safety that judges should chime in and pick an end date. I think that would be fair for everybody, and even allow for a last dive on the ice with everyone type get together. We are out of it this weekend as we have to pay our dues for being public safety divers and be at the Arctic Plunge on long Lake.That I'm sure will put us behind the eight ball, and maybe make picking an end date easier for the home team.  8) I am holding out on sending in my dry suit in for repair, as that will take me out of the competition. It is getting old and cold diving as a semi-dry. :'( I am going to pump it up in the tub and try to find the leak again.  >Sad

that is because for you, "he is the one"  8)

[/quote]

Is that my head superimposed on the lovely Trinity's shoulders, I could only dream of that encounter. :-*
                       Its a little early for picking an end date, we still had 22 inches yesterday, and the original rules stated you just needed to be able to stand on the ice, thats awhile from now, were still closing the gap, everybody relax,,,,,,

I think Steve was pretty beat yesterday, I had to have him lean on my big shoulders, even while hoisting my big new tool, although I dont think he liked the idea.          TRINITY
What is the story behind your screen name anyway?  ???

Is the iceapoolsa still on? with night ice diving etc?

Thanks for the clarification on the rules  :Smile
We use a single tug to stop an inadvertent 'return'. We've modified the signals down to just 2.

4 pulls is get me out but with a variable strength. A nibble is pull me out easy, the harder and/or the more you signal the more we pull to a full on emergency exit. 1 is OK, stop, I'm fine, stop what your doing, leave me along or I'm happy were I am stop tugging on me. Tenders don't initiate signals in most cases. Sometime if they don't feel the diver for some time they may get a easy ok just to make sure your still happy were you are. So if you tug 4 and I start hauling and you tug once (means stop) I return to just tending, if you tug more then one I pull faster. If your going too fast, you tug one for stop and 4 easy for slow exit.

With something like 60 ice dives on these 2 signals we've not run into any confusion and if the tender doesn't understand why they got anything but a 1 or a 4, your coming out under executive order of the tender. Smile You can ask Robert about that.  >Big Grin I was messing with the FNG.

Nice job, feelin the pressure. the big one that got away,  It's good to have karma on your side.  8) It's funny you should mention that because we have a little story behind the 100th anchor. I won the coin toss so I was up first in rotation. The expectations were high. Approximately 10 minutes into my first dive, I was still relatively dry at this time, I spotted off at the edges of visibility what appeared to be a huge mushroom anchor. In my excitement and glee, I gave the wrong signals to my tender, and found myself being pulled back to the hole! I was spun around and heading in the wrong direction so I dropped to the bottom and dug in, causing a mushroom cloud of silt and temporarily disorienting me. I went back somewhat frustrated to the hole, wondering if John had been planted a camera in my mask.  ??? when I realized it was I who gave the wrong signal.  :-[ I went back and had to search at least 5 to 10 minutes before I could find it.
[/quote]

No man, that's Morpheus. I would have cast you as The Architect for coming up with this mess and I as the Merovingian for my determinist thinking that I'm going to win even though I'm not. I think Joe may be Serif but I don't know why. We can put Art into Link as he helps but isn't in the system. John may be The Oracle for being untouchable and knowing where to find them. That only leaves Nate as Agent Smith only because someone has to be the bad guy and Neo is a dog and can't play this silly game.

No way Steve, I recognise that shinny black vinyl or leather or whatever fabric jumpsuit she would go to do adventures in.
                    My screen name first showed up years ago during the trinity movies, ( They call me Trinity, Trinity is still my name, etc.) starring Terrance Hill, we both shared a first name, and some people thought (at the time), lol, that we shared the same attitude, so they started to call me Trinity, its the first 4 letters of my last name, and the female Trinity in the Matrix movies is sexy as can be. For those that wondered,,,I was raised a good Catholic boy, and that has been enough to last me awhile, so no religious reference, thanks anyway.
                    In honor or team Insanity going to do their duty this coming weekend at the plunge, were not going to plunge them out of the lead, were going to Tonka to go wrecking instead. those wrecks arent going to dive themselves. Hoping for better vis. curious to see the White Bear. Steve has some friends coming into town to go see them and I am cutting a hole or two for Mikes icing class. Doubt we'll get the chance to go anchoring.
                    Not sure about the iceapalousa, have been spending too much time anchoring, started to get the fever last weekend again. 
Trinity doesn't wear a tie!

So what are the scores,

John is 30
Nate and I are 24
I'm within striking distance. Smile
John 30
Nate, Steve 24
Terry 22
Joe 13
Art 5
Robert 1