MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I prefer to think of it as like "burning magnesium", even water can't stop the fire.

But alas some folks think "flaming" is a cute adjective too.  Wink

Either way, in a world of underwater ninja's, I am easier to recover from the dark depths.

....Mine's Navy Blue with Pink Camo....  ;D
I just wanted to apologize about the $10 entry fee. I am sincere about that, and hope I have not offended anyone at all. The kidding between us is just that. The last thing in the world I want to do is to have someone be upset by something I said or did. I know this can be tons of fun with out the money aspect. At the time I was caught up in the competitive moment and I just thought it might add a bit more incentive to the game. I hope all the contestants are still in and we keep it fun. Having a purpose for diving through the hard water (like this game) is good for all of us. Please accept my apology and hopefully my arrogance has not disintegrated this awesome idea Terry and Steve had.

John
                        Hello everyone,
                      OK couple things I've come to realize, first, I am but a simple tradesman, second, I cant always keep myself happy, (my number one goal) little own everyone on this site Wink, third Mercdiver is right, diving should be fun and safe. I've dove for just over 30 years, and it hasn't always been safe, (back when I spent more time stupid diving, then scuba diving)  but it has always been fun.
                      I know a lot of people here, to hang with, and dive with, Steve (Arcflash), Young Joe (Hydro) Doug (Doug67) Dave (McDiver) John (Detectorguy) Nate (Shooter) Robert (Scubafreak) Bob (CCR) John (Tulle) Pat (Ex. Shallow Diver) Angie (ACharpenter) Lisa (Divequeen) Lisa (H20 addict) Lynn (lynnlchan) and, Matt, Christi, Doogles, Older Joe, Pete, Carl, Bo, and no doubt others I apologise to for not remembering as I type, I consider you all, my friends.
                      I want this to be a good time for everyone, so the money (or any entry fee) is out totally, the "prizes" are put out there by me, likely to be,,, day diving treks on board the Impulse, my boat, next season, (just winterized her today) that type of thing, stuff I can afford to give away, just ask some of the above group, there a good time.
                      That and this is all an individual effort, teams would screw it up too often in that some of us dive with different partners, on a regular basis, now dont read anything into that though  Wink
                      I mean no offense to ANYONE here,  the "shots" are between friends and I never mean to offend anyone, please let me know if I do.
                      I do hope the DRB's and DRB's'ettes Pat and Linda are still in!

Thank You!  Trinity
I can haz judging ability???  ;D

I didnt really think the entrance fee was out of line, sorry to see it caused discord though

I know both John (DetectorGuy) and Terry (Trinity) personally so I totally recognized thier posts for what they were - just good natured ribbing (and male strutting of course Wink).

Neither of these guys have ever done anything to intentionally cause any sort of unsafe diving environment - I would dive with them any time, any day - I trust them both as VERY safe buddy's JMHO

In any event - I can haz judging ability??

Is $10 for you the tipping point between fun & safe?  ??? It's not for me. I am all about playing for the "thrill of victory" and "the agony of defeat". This contest will spur me on to more ice dives than any other year! Thats what this is about. I'm all in. 

I took no offense to any of the good natured ribbings and offer no apology. I will refrain from throwing down any further gauntlets .......... :Smile

Excellent idea, thank you for the time and effort you put into it.  8) I would now like to offer up a group hug while singing kumbaya  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ps I dive a black & blue TLS 350 (light blue piping) and am looking for photo ops with matching diver to enter competition  ;D ;D
We can always consider the $10.00 a donation.    ;D
I'd rather use my $10 to put toward a 12-pack of decent beer or some good brats (Kramarczuks) for after the diving! 

How close do the drysuits need to be?  mine is black and blue... not just piping, the upper panel is blue.

and I'll try to keep my good-natured ribbing to a moderate level - well, unless we're picking on Terry - since he obviously needs a lot of it!  ;D >Big Grin
and I'll try to keep my good-natured ribbing to a moderate level - well, unless we're picking on Terry - since he obviously needs a lot of it!  ;D >Big Grin
[/quote]

Nate, Tulle, John, Steve, and Robert, you jokers go ahead and make my day, take any shots (at me) you want, when I'm sitting on the ice, surrounded by anchors, throwing back an ice cold Guiness, then heading home to crawl into my neighbors hottub, (so much cheaper to run there, then having it on my deck) I'll laugh all the way, cause no doubt I DO have it coming. You guys all make me smile!
                                                                  TRINITY