MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are the totals of anchors recovered during the "TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge" to be reviewed by the judges when they get time.

John- Detectorguy   50 - 1,110 minutes bottom time under the ice this season (18 1/2 hours)
Nate- Shooter   41 - 1,006 minutes bottom time under the ice this season (16 hours and 46 minutes)
Steve- ArcFlash   40
Terry- Trinity   34
Joe- Hydro   16
Robert--Scubafreek864   19
Art- AandA   5

I can see Nate now ( in an outfit like Freddie use to wear on stage), doing his victory laps.

I kind of like the "survivior" logo, add TRINITY, and a diver and I think its dandy!

Steve if we werent blowing out of here like the wind to Milwaukee, I would open it back up the way the weather feels today

I'm okay with this! (Sorry I had visitors over the weekend.)  Nice job guys! The lakes are now a much cleaner place!!

stop daydreaming about me again! No I won't go camping with you or horseback riding with you, so please stop asking.

Here is the "official" icing logo with the changes you requested, the champions logo(Team Isanti, aka Shock & Awe, winners) and colors have been removed, and replaced with your name front and center  :Smile  I also enclosed a preview of your consolation prize, let me know what dimensions you want for your Jolly Rogers flag  8)
John, Please talk some smack. I'm getting board reading Nate's tired old lines over and over. He's stuck in one spot like his skirt froze to the ice again.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
G-men 109
Isanti 96

Put a year or date on it and it's a deal. We may need to convert it to line art for etching. Can they print this on brass?

Can you work out a B&W version if we can't have color?

I know how you guys like poems and limricks. I don't, but I will leave you with this little diddy...

So now the Ice Challenge is done,
I think back how we all had fun.
We all talked smack like it was going out of style,
while hunting for anchors all the while.
The lakes gave up thier bounty,
but the winners were 2 guys from Isanti County!

We swam off into the sunset,
with only one regret.
If we had it all to do again,
and not swim where we've been,
we would double our score,
to rub it in even more!

You all have been too fun to mess with, and I think my smile-er is about worn out from all the times I think about things like: 'I wonder what they are gonna think when they see this picture', or I wonder how many times in this thread we used the term [glow=red,2,300]Master Dive Plan[/glow]', or 'If we do this... how can we make them do that', It has been a slice of life that I would not trade for anything.

John

I've been really thinking of how to appropriately say "congragulations" to team Isanti on their, "win" but the words just would'nt come. I even had a start,,,,,
                                           The G-men, we swam like an underwater comet
                                           but were forced to read smack, that made us vomit,,,,

that was as far as I could get, I even axed some of my gangsta rappin buddies if they could help me me put my true thoughts into words, but as usual, they were all incarcerated, hospitalized, due to some dog busting a cap in their a$$, or otherwise unavailable to add their socially benefitial outlook.  I needed inspiration, hell I needed a muse, I started to look back over past posts, and I found it! My good grilling buddy Nate, had copied the original rules, I started to mindlessly read them, thinking who came up with this chit, then it hit me,,,,,it says the contest ends at "ice out"
                                           Now don't get me wrong, I can normally take my big brain and rhyme with the best socially parasitic rapper there is, but I was seriously stuck, here was a way out of my rhyming block, GO ICING, maybe, just maybe,,,,score some more anchors, put team Insanity back where they belong, get a good grip on them, just like I did with that slimy neck of that sand turtle in Big Swan Lake last weekend, I thought it was the neck of an upright bell anchor half buried in the sand, calling for me to take her home. I thought THATS IT! Team Insanity is just like that sand turtle, a slimy, slippery, bottom feeding, imposter, trying to look like the winners, but they weren't at all. I reached out to grab that "bell" by the neck, thinking I'm wrestling it from the bottom and I started to pull, it pulled back,  for a moment I thought, "now thats strange", but it didnt actually feel like iron now that I think about it, more like grabbing the forearm of a carpentry foreman, or a sign company owner, it felt soft. Little startled I was it was dark, I was 200' out after all, I thought another anchor, stlolen from me, by nothing more then a huge slimy slippery sand turtle trying to look like a bell anchor. No wonder the writers block, Team Insanity is that very turtle, it came from the fridgid depths, no thats what Dennis Anderson of the Red Star referred to me as, they came from the murky depths, slithering into 1st place and 1st place looser just like that slimy turtle. Well tomorrow I'll need to go out and see if theres an anchor or two left on the bottom of MN lakes, no grabbing turtles by the neck though, thats a bit funky. THERES STILL ICE, LET THE GAMES CONTINUE!            TRINITY       

Oh, Nate can you put this pic on the "survivior" emblem, its my favorite, gotta have a pic of my huge saw with Steve and I! Right above SHOCK AND AWE!

No matter how you slice it or try to divide the bounty
The winner will always be team isanti county.

I told you we were saving the best for last.  ;D So much for 22nd gear. This years competition was with a 4 speed, next year overdrive with turbo! I just wish I could have been there when you guys saw my post and read my poem! I would love to have seen the look on your faces! I actually had another paragraph but John pulled in the reigns on that one.

I will put together a b/w version as well. It is vector art.

Nate, I did tell you to not post the last verse of you poem because I thought it would be in bad taste. After Terry's last analogy about the turtle... All I can say is lets hear it.