MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HA  :Smile... just remember terry, you are only 5 anchors ahead of me.... if it comes to pulling out my bulldozering skills i have no problems diving some cold brown holes... theres still a good 2 months of diving left.

i was worried you were gonna tell everyone about how that HAIRY BEAVER muskrat chased me out of the last hole, only to just find some low point ribbing instead.

This total is correct  ;D
Thanks Kristie!
                    So when is the big day? (and) if its a boy, are you going to name him after anyone here in the challenge? I remember with my grandnephew Cody during his baptism, dipping him and wishing I had my dry gloves on. That water was like ICE! Had to dip him three times, and each time he grit his, well little jaws, I guess and shook it off, just like a true icer! The third time he'd had enough, and started to squeal. I was proud, thinking every good icer needs to know their limits.    TRINITY
I agree with the total as well. Maybe the event needs a theme song - Like "Anchors Away"  ;D

Ummm the big day is when ever she decides to arrive- can't really predict these things, and we've potentially got 3 more weeks.  It's a girl, sorry Terry.
I don't want to give up any trade secrets to the "other side" but I thought I would drop some hints for finding more ground tackle:

1. finding anchors is kinda like the realestate business... Location, Location, Location. The best location we have to find anchors is on the bottom ;D

2. Drop a dime in each hole and time the dimes decent, until it is not visible. Proven fact that a dime falls at a rate of 1 foot per second. A dime is 207 times smaller than the standard secchi disk so it fits in your pocket better. The other purpose for the dime drop is more "karma" related: Appease the Anchor Gods and they give up the booty.

The rest of the hints can be purchased at the used anchor store that we will be anouncing the Grand Opening for at a later date (probably after April 9th when the ice is gone)  >Big Grin

All this time I've been looking right under the ice, you see the cracks in the ice, people's boot bottoms, car tire marks, but not too many anchors,,,, as wittnessed by my second from last place showing. John any chance I could buy an early copy, oh and do you know how fast a quarter drops?        T
Quarters, pennies, dimes, and nickels seem to fall at the same rate, but dimes are 60% cheaper than quarters. For some reason the anchor gods like dimes better. I did a little experiment while ice fishing using a fish camera hanging at 26' and timing the different coins from the time they went in the water to when they went by the camera. The 1 foot per second wasn't exact but very close. Given the water was 34 degrees at the surface and about 36 degrees at that depth, I am not sure what the difference would be in warmer water and the different densities. So if you find a dime on the bottom, rest assured that there are no anchors within a 150' radius of that dime. Smile
Speaking of being underwater, how about that housing market!  ;D
I don't know much about the housing market near the largest lake in Isanti County, but if I had money to invest... I wouldn't buy any mineral rights there because the iron content is getting depleted rapidly. 8)