MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Just out of curiosity, without the "sorry" utah anchors, what would the count be?  ;D

crafted window sash  :Smile

Do all of the judges weigh in? Who are the Judges?
I'll admit it's a sorry show for real anchors. We only had 2; of them only 1 of those was worth taking but I threw it in the hole to keep Terry from making me pull an anchor up the hill to the truck.

'Crafted' Horse Stop of Johns is an anchor. I know he found it before our challenge but we all agreed it was used as an anchor and that is the goal of this challenge.

So Nate, when did all this anchor hunting fun start? Was it me and you on Green? I don't recall anyone else talking about finding anchors as a sport before our first big haul.

It should be added in the rules that any and all "anchors", that were brought to the surface, have to be removed permanently from the lake.  No throwing them back down the hole.  I can just picture it:  pull up a mother load of anchors, take the pics, add to the count, throw them back down the hole to find again another day, take some more pics, add to the count, and repeat.  Hmmm.  ;D

I thought 10 anchors out of one hole would be the record for a long time! For me that's when the competition began  ;D. The bar was set. I have always enjoyed finding them but now that's its a competition, I enjoy it even more  ;D  ;D  ;D  8)  8)  8). IT HAS DEFINITELY INSPIRED ME TO DO MORE ICE DIVING THIS YEAR!
I like to sound like rules matter, but having a day of fun under the ice is all that matters. The ribbing and horseplay I have been up to is harmless jabs at the competition. Finding the anchors has no value to me, but I smile everytime I see one poking up out of the sand. Hunting for anchors gives us a reason to dive, and maybe we will find something better than anchors while down there.

Its not too far away from the deadline for others officially sign up for this anchor bottom time challenge. I think Jan 1st was the cut off. I know Team Gilligan has 5 anchors each and they are lulled into a false sense of security right now... but we need more players to keep the heat on them. Smile

im still in this.... anchors are a cakewalk  ;D

That is sooo sweet........

It almost makes me want to chug on over to..... ;D

This weekend I am looking for the knock out punch!  :Smile
Do all of the judges weigh in? Who are the Judges?
[/quote]

The judges, in order of sign up are, Christie (Dragon Eye) Bob (CCR Diver) Doogles, and Angie (Acarpenter). I wanted judges for a few reasons,,,, to try to keep decision making fair, to keep those not so into icing more involved, and to difflect some of the decisions that would make someone unhappy, away from me. The judges do cover the gammut in experience, from Angie and Doogles who have never ice dove, to Christie who has a few times, to Bob who has been deeper in ice cold water then most everyone. I wanted an impartial group, and as chance would have it, 3 of the 4 judges are friends of an ex of mine, so I'm not likely to get any special favors :-\, (Hi Lynn! :-*) I ask and encourage all the judges to weigh in any time there asked, and I ask the icers to be respectful of there calls.
                                                                                     TRINITY

If anyone wants to photoshop my cowboy hat onto this knucklehead, Go ahead, make my day! I could strip and walk out into the ice water, well, if I didn't have to go any deeper then he is, I could. Thanks Robert for that suggestion! :-\

It looks like my intent to encourage (with the challenge) more icing this winter should work. Its easy for me, being a single guy to climb out of my nice toasty warm waterbed to go crawl under the ice at 10 am on the weekend, but I suspect much more difficult for all the married guys, with ample reason to stay. It has made me laugh to read all the posts.          TRINITY
We pulled our gear out and that's enough work. I'm not dragging 200 pounds of junk to shore by hand. We are not double counting. That is one of the reasons to take the money out of the race, there is no reason to cheat. When we can drive, I'm not putting any of that muck covered crap in my van so they stay on the ice for any one to take.