MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

What are you talking about? Terry and I dove before the ice was firm but we did not hunt nor report as such. The comp started on the pull out to Lake Elmo. We show the walk out and it's ice shore-to-shore. I got the sash that day. You guys were first to put up iron. So if you think we jumped the gun before we should of, you beat us by at least a week.

Terry and I dive every weekend. We wanted to go play on the ice. I'd like to dive the morning of first ice so I can play under it (with line) and play a game I call sea lion Smile. The real thin day we expected OW that's why we had no saw. We only had lines because they happened to be in the back of the truck.

It was be trained and reported IN by Jan first. Not dive jan 1st.

Ice out is and has been, cut hole through the ice, period. I dove spectacle with you and Art so late it was 5 feet of OW to the sheet and raining. You drove the Quad and pulled the sled, we dove 1 hole to the north of the ramp. It was full on ice diving. If you log dives, I'm sure you put it down as "ice" so we all know what and ice dive is.

It's unfortunate you've run out of time but it's not a problem with rules. Like I said, we're diving every weekend so it doesn't matter to me. I'm pulling what I find comp or not. We pulled 50 or so this summer for the same reasons, it's just something to do. It's hunting and it's fun to find anchors just like any other meaningless hobby.

[/quote]

my mistake. I thought you guys scored the Utah's on that dive. ??? :-X

so just to clear things up, you still have to cut a hole for it to be considered an ice dive, and the ice has to support the tender and diver fully suited up with gear for the anchors to count.

Don't get me wrong, I too enjoy diving and it has been some great training. We will be back at it on Saturday pressing on to victory.

Nate, YOU, are correct sir!
                            I recall Steve and I "cutting" with a combination of hand saw, auger, and spuds to dive one of the wrecks on Tonka last winter, not a pretty hole, but ice diving just the same.

Don't be so quick. Have you considered giving up?  ;D

ahhhhhh. your killing me. im dying to see the west(upper) lake in semi viewable conditions. hardscrble. how far around did you run. its a bigger structure than most anglers think.

Don't be so quick. Have you considered giving up?  ;D
[/quote]

Not as many times as you!  ;D
we have some good Intel on a new hot spot for Saturday. Once you are out of range from nipping at my heels, reality may set in. Warm weather in the forecast, its only a matter of time now

ahhhhhh. your killing me. im dying to see the west(upper) lake in semi viewable conditions. hardscrble. how far around did you run. its a bigger structure than most anglers think.
[/quote]

terry went along south hardscrabble point and said it was great... no trash...

i went south of the point along the coast... saw tons of fish... very clean! theres a sunk tree along the coast that i stayed away from due to the umbilical cord attached to me... i got video of the area

would be a great place to dive if you wernt looking for anchors

Nate we checked that spot, it was pretty lean, but you guys go ahead and look.

Next season when anyone signs up, it'll be a commitment, no backing out, no quitting, no, not a death sentence, like a marriage, it'll still be a good time, but when you sign on its for the duration. I think I'll title that part "dive till you drop" I have dove every weekend since my birthday on the 6th of June except 4, so if team Isanti cant continue to run with the G men, what I want to tell you guys is, its ok, theres no shame in being beaten by a master.       TRINITY

what? No rhymes? Haven't got the time? Hey team Isanti can you spare a dime? Cause team G can't stand how much we shine  Big Grin

what do you mean run with team G.? You guys are finally close enough to see our backsides, and that was only after we took pity on you and put away our hickory switches, to help boost your team morale and keep you from turning on each other. Other than that it's pretty much been an ass whoopin the whole time!  You know what they say if you're not the lead dogs the view never changes  ;D

count me out for next year
Next year, Maybe a one day, same lake scramble. Play it like "Bingo Bango Bongo", Bingo - first iron!, bango - most from a hole, Bongo - most for a team.

This all season is too much. I was to swim 35 minutes and not think I'm wasting my time in an empty hole.

I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down ???. Like I said on the second post of this whole ordeal, 'I hate losing'. That's just not going to happen. The smack talk has been almost as much fun as the swimming part. This isn't a war of attrition, It will eventually end. By the time this thing is done in a few weeks, I hope you guys will still swim with me... I will try not to gloat about the every time we see each other >Big Grin. Looking back at the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place categories for the icing part and for the anchoring part... We may need to add more categories for team Gilligan (so you don't feel left out): 4th place = coldest divers not diving in a shelter. 5th place = saddest divers for not getting 1st ,2nd , or 3rd place. 6th place = team voted most likely to raise the lake level with tears as soon as the ice comes off.  ;D ;D ;D