MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Terry,

The female officer was talking to me because she was on a "fact finding" investigation, she wanted to know who owned that big 3/4 ton. I told her not to get her hopes up, that you had bought the truck mearly as a means for compensating for other parts of your life that were "not so big."

As far as my departure overseas, I know the cute little redhead will surely miss me. Like I told her this afternoon, when she is with you and thinking about me, all she had to do is click her heals together while saying "There's no place like Dave, there's no place like Dave." I then reminded her that, "She may not have been first, but she can always be next."
Arr that be mighty nice of yer Captain! I accept my position with pleasure. Ah miss... another round of Guinness please!

Yes, I do have a brother. But he isn't a diver and doesn't pursue the thrill of victory like I do. You would probably like him as he wouldn't be a challenge in this competition. The best I can hope for is to find a matching suit diver(do you really connect @ the exhaust valve or is it a little further down the suit? :o) with the same fierce level of competition and diving ability! Its easy to win when you can hand pick the competition, and you still only managed first place loser?  :'( Remember Steve, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery... ;D

My offer to drive was not an attempt to "suck up" as anyone reading my posts can clearly see. As the event organizor, I am sure the fall from the top will be especially brutal. In a show of sportsmanlike conduct  ???( after doing multiple victory laps  ;D) I was merely offering my condolences. If you do take me up on the offer, I will be sure to have a recording of Queen We are the champions for the ride, followed up by a rendition of 100 trophy anchors under the ice wall, You pick one up, show it to the judge, 99 trophy anchors under the ice wall.... if there is still is time, probably some Jackel  :Smile

because I'm an ice diving lumberjack baby...... I'm going to cut the competition down to size  Big Grin Big Grin

ps the worst part of all the smack talk is the bar is getting set pretty high! and for any ones feelings that are hurt, this is all in good fun. maybe you should chug on over to mamby pamby land..... ;D tissue?  ;D

Heading to deer camp to hug some trees and bond with nature, so you will have all weekend to come up with a good response.  ;D

Whoa chit, I almost missed Angie throwing in her judging abilities, right as Pat ordered up another Guiness too, Angie your in, no doubt, you'll do fine, I think your on the, "limited end" of icing experience, but hey, what judge has real experience with the "other side" of the law? So that brings the group of judges to Bob, Christie, Doodles, Angie and Pat, but we could use a few more, so if you know,,, right from wrong, up from down, good beer from MGD light, an anchor from a ball and chain, scary 3" of ice from solid 9" of ice, (well, ok, Christie and Angie both get a buy on that one) sign on up.        THANKS!        TRINITY
Hey Terry, I haven’t had the time to check the board in a while; Steve told me you were setting something up so I had to check it out.  Been busy trying to get the addition finished up so the wife will let me out of the house more this winter to get out and dive.  Count me in, although I do all my ice diving with you and Steve and you guys suck up the anchors faster then my shop vac sucks up the saw dust around in my shop ;D.

Pete
Terry and I just got back from a survey dive to check bottom comp for a possible anchor site. It was bad. But if you didn't get in the water today, consider that you aren't going to win as we dive ever weekend regardless.

Yes, it was snotty, windy, and cold, one of those days you don't want to get OUT of the water. Water was 44 air was filled with snow.

A tip to the new guys, Unzip your dry suit as soon as your out of the water or the zipper can freeze shut. Oh, And bring a hat with ear flaps.

I would have liked to dive today... but I whittled away the hours in front of the fireplace writing a 42 page dive plan that covers the season from 'ice in' to 'ice out'. I pulled in some satellite images (past and present) along with some top secret fishermen maps to narrow the lakes into target rich environments. I used my dive logs to minus out the areas we have already been and I feel pretty good about it. Some day when we're old, I will show you this dive plan, and you will be able to tell your grand kids how cool it was.
Terry and I print playbooks and wear them on the forearm so we dive but have plays to find ground gear. Like today, we found a stove. Smile Well it's not ground gear so much as it's on the ground.

That is too funny... That was 7 pages of my plan. Now I only have, uhhh, 35 pages of super secret 007 stuff to actually use. Now I am not so confident ;D.
Can anyone tell me how to use a ouija board?    8)
Maybe that would give me the edge I need find the best spots to dive.
:-\