MNScuba.com

Full Version: TRINITY'S 1st Annual 2010/2011 Icing/ Anchoring Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Terry,
I hate to admit it, but I started the "ta DAAA" pose on the 18th of December with our Green Lake anchors and then a couple other divers posed that way too thinking that maybe it was some kind of secret levitation trick to get the anchors to levitate off the bottom. (imitation IS the best form of flattery)! But hey... I'm preaching to the choir with the matching suits and all  Wink. I like the "ta DAAA" thing too, but like on the New Years Day  19 anchor dive... Sometimes there are so many anchors and so little wingspan. This anchor thing is kinda silly compared to some of the serious diving that you and a lot of other people have been doing, but I can't remember having so much fun! I will wait for you at the end of this deal. Just Beep the horn when you get to the finish line, cuz I may be napping by then.  ;D ;D ;D
John (FULL of bs) Oliver
[/quote]

I thought it was steve on the green lake dive when I flooded my suit. Sat may 3rd 2008. he convinced me prior to diving we didn't need a shelter. It's a good thing he found so many anchors so I could stay warm pulling him in  ;D I will start working on my pose for the winners circle  ;D
I recall 2 real anchors in that bunch of Uht's.

I am always proud of my anchors and I say "Ta DAAA!" in my head when the flash goes off. The big difference in posses comes from my superhero glow. You all think you can find it under the ice but you can't. Nate and I have it for being the two that made the rest of you want anchors.

If the CDC was to find out about us, we'd be in quarantine and you guys would be getting "seasonal fool shots"  ;D

:-\
[quote='TRINITY link' pid='6216' dateline='1295042051']

I'd like to get the shot just for reading half this stuff,,,,, :-[
[/quote]
superhero glow. ???? good thing I've almost always got my arcflash proof shades on, dont mind drowning but would hate to burn my eyes in bs too.

Would that be a welding helmet?  ;D ;D ;D get it? arcflash, welding? rotflmao  ;D ;D ;D

Will we be seeing that super hero glow this weekend?  :-X

I didnt even get my gear unloaded from last weekend....
You know it!  We actually have no idea what the conditions are so we expect to open a lot of holes.

It was such a nice day today for swimming at the lake. We had the hole cut before sunrise and we were swimming by 9:00 AM. The viz was only about 8 feet but we had a blast. We found some anchors and some misc goodies. Talked to some fishermen when they started drilling holes inside the dive radius and they moved out a bit farther.

So here are our counts from today:
Nate  2 anchors, a mag light, a very old shovel, and a rod/reel.
John  3 anchors, a 15 pound 12" long chain link, and a half a gear.

Here are some photos from today:
The first one is me with the "Ta DAAA" pose that Trinity is so fond of. The second one is Nate with the look of... well, I don't know what it is a look of. The third one is of the booty. The fourth one is of our 15' high dive flag sticking in the ice screw hole of a block of Ice. The block of ice is also keeping the shelter from blowing away.
Here is another photo that kinda sums up the whole challenge. Scooping up all the anchors ;D
Hey, that's amazing. There was actually a piece of ROPE on one of the anchors.  That guy knew how to tie a knot!  Now about that link....I'd like to see the anchor THAT was attached to!  :Smile